The Internet of Things is a vision. It is being built today. The stakeholders are known, the debate has yet to start. In hundreds of years our real needs have not changed. We want to be loved, feel safe, have fun, be relevant in work and friendship, be able to support our families and somehow play a role - however small - in the larger scheme of things. So what will really happen when things, homes and cities become smart? We will be able to manage things more easily and even able to communicate with them like we do with humans.
We prefer mobile devices and built our products to be manageable on the go. We build almost every product for mobile devices as well.
Following is how we have done it:
1. For Hospitals, we have ESignIn running on tablets as well as on web so patients can sign in using tablet as well as administrator can see each and everything happening at their sites on the go.
2. In DPCSmartfleet, we have integrated with GPS devices so data come to system from these devices.
3. In DPC Suite, we have integrated with temperature and pressure sensors. We fetch data from them in system and can send commands back to them.
4. In Y-Log, we have integrated web portal with smart devices like iPad, Android tablets etc. Data can flow to and fro from these devices. Devices send data to web portal and commands or data given in web portal reflects on these devices.
5. Cabs4Me is integrated with smart devices and cabs chosen over web portal can be seen on mobile device. mobile device is used to identify current location and send cab to user.
6. Task and Time Management application captures employee day to day information like check-in, check-out and timesheet details from iPad and enters into system. This information can be seen on web portal along with other employee information. Administrator can manage all details regarding employees, holidays, leaves etc from both web portal and mobile device.
In this way we have used concept of 'internet of things'.